Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Always A Bridesmaid

I’ll be honest.

I haven’t seen most of the films nominated for an Oscar.

What? What was that? Oh! You think that as an actor I should really take the time to see the films?

WELL, I’M SORRY!

I’ve been too busy working three jobs, auditioning , and going to acting class.

All to (and here’s the kicker) someday hope to be there, at the Oscars, wearing something that costs more than my car.

SO STOP JUDGING ME.

Ahem.

This year, instead of going to a glamorous party with glamorous people (aka drinking too much champagne with Noah and sobbing our eyes out at every speech) I’m working.

For an Oscar Nominee.

That’s right. My degrees of separation are narrowing! I now know (and occasionally work for) an Oscar nominee.

The conversation was surreal.

Hello!

Hi, Jessica. This is Name Protected. I was wondering if you could come watch our child for the night of Feb 26?

Sure! What time?

Well, we have to be there for the red carpet so…

Red carpet?

Yeah, another Oscar Nomination. (SIGH) Always a bridesmaid….

Yeah. That must really be a bummer…

So another year will go by with only the inside of my shower hearing my acceptance speech. (It’s riveting.)

But that doesn’t stop me from guessing who will be nominated.

These are my official predictions based solely on trailers, rumor, politics, and a hunch.

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
· Colin Firth in “The King’s Speech”

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
· Christian Bale in “The Fighter”

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
· Natalie Portman in “Black Swan”

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
· Melissa Leo in “The Fighter”

DIRECTING
· “The Social Network” David Fincher

DOCUMENTARY
·”Exit Through The Gift Shop” Banksy and Jaimie D’Cruz

MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE)
· “Inception” Hans Zimmer

BEST PICTURE
· “The Social Network” Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ceán Chaffin, Producers

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
· “The Social Network” Screenplay by Aaron Sorkin

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)
· “The Fighter” Screenplay by Scott Silver and Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson;
 Story by Keith Dorrington & Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment