Wednesday, August 4, 2010

www.bookclubtheseries.com

Last weekend, in the span of 15 minutes, I saw a woman dressed completely in hot pink loading groceries into her hot pink corvette, a man in his underwear running and screaming down a residential street, and a bulldog wearing Ray-Bans.

You can rest easy knowing that, despite my lack of blog posts in the last few weeks, LA has not changed.

Thank goodness.

I don’t know what I would do if animals in Los Angeles stopped wearing accessories that cost more than my car payment.

The reason for my lack of posting is essentially because I’ve been so busy with this:

www.bookclubtheseries.com

Have you heard of it?

If not, you should really check out www.bookclubtheseries.com

What is that, you ask? Well, by all means learn more here:

www.bookclubtheseries.com

Is this joke getting old yet?

www.bookclubtheseries.com

Okay. Seriously, I’m done now.

Book Club took up A LOT of time. More time than I could ever have imagined.

So much time, in fact, that I realized – after not sleeping more than four hours a night and putting “eat” on my list of things to do if I have time- I needed a more flexible job.

Now, as you know it’s my policy not to speak about work on this blog.


HOWEVER.

I will say this one thing:

I quit my job.

And found a new one.

Waiting tables.

Okay…that was three things.

So, now I’m a server and my mission to become the most cliché woman in Hollywood is complete.

Move to the ‘big city’ from my small town….CHECK!

Dye my hair blonde…CHECK!

Hardly have enough income to buy food….CHECK!

Start waiting tables….CHECK!

I’m just waiting for someone to tell me I would be perfect in their “tastefully nude feature film.”

Don’t worry, Dad. I’ll decline.

But yesterday, as I had all the time in the world to write, work on acting, and watch copious amounts of Law and Order SVU, I realized I’m totally comfortable being that cliché.

Because it's time for me to be scared.

It's time to be brave and trust that I won’t be waiting tables forever.

It's time to believe in myself a little more.

At my old work place, I was comfortable enough to have been there for years. But that’s not why I'm in Los Angeles.

I’m here to write. And to act. And to make my dreams my first priority.

So keep the clichés coming! I don't mind. As long as I have time to do things like this:

www.bookclubtheseries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment