Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Spielberg Possibilty

I was stuck in traffic today going to an acting studio that usually takes me 15 minutes and it took me two hours. I was honked at by angry drivers, yelled at by the homeless guy who was peeing on the wall, and showed up just in time to my acting workshop where a Hollywood big wig pointed out all the things that I needed to work on before he would even consider me for a role. Sigh...

Why do I live here again?

I get that question a lot. Why, why do you choose to live in a city that seems so…harsh, so mean, so filled with smog, smut, traffic, gangs, heat, criticism, and misplaced egos? And I say to them: I don’t know.

I may not like a lot of things about LA but for some reason I know that this is where I need to be right now. Plus, where else can you get Thai Green Curry at 4 in the morning, hop in your car and be at the beach in 30 minutes, and have the chance, every single day, to wake up and maybe, just maybe, have this be the day Steven Spielberg discovers you getting a grande non-fat iced vanilla latte at Starbucks. If your reading this Steven, I’m there at 9 am.

That keeps me going. That possibility.

I told my friend that I was starting a blog and she said, “You and everyone else.” Maybe, but mine will be different, special, important, and picked up for a movie option, right? Probably not. But it’s fun and gives me some much needed perspective. So thanks for reading, and welcome to the very first installment of this midwest girl's life in Hollywood…..Uff Da.

7 comments:

  1. I have had a lot of debate over the spelling of this word. But I went to "Urban Dictionary" and it says the way I wrote it...but what do they know.

    And I love you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...I'm changing it. I think you're right! Sigh...as usual...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hearing about your travels and trials in LA- I know I could never live there- but I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! OMG this site could become my Mecca. Its like reading a funny book about teaching and then trying to tell someone why its funny and they look at you like WTF? They're not a teacher, so they just don't get it. That what this blog is like for the acting side of my split personality disorder. LOL. I love it, hon. I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....why are we not best friends? You are super cool and I love you. I'm so jealous you are in L.A. and I'm stuck on this dump they call Staten Island. Enjoy the time you have there for those of us who aren't there, the one's who dream of one day being able to pull it off and move out there and be in that situation. I mean sure I'm playing the New York crowd, but L.A. is a whole different world. As I said enjoy and good luck...don't worry soon enough we will be huge celebs co-starring together in summer blockbusters.....in time....in time.

    :^)
    Zach

    P.S. come back to my store so we can get recognized for being not so famous (...yet!) :P

    ReplyDelete