Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chez Moi

It was a long year.

I'm pretty sure 2011 was specifically designed to see how much stress I could handle, how many call-backs I could get without getting cast, and how many times I could utter the phrase, I can't afford it.

(Answers: A lot, about 18, and every single day.)

The last blow was the LA arsonist. Nothing says goodbye 2011 like fifty fires (two around my apartment) in three days.

Bring on 2012! End of days here we come!

One of my resolutions this year is to enjoy my life more. If you know me you might think that sounds silly but to be honest I've been a little low these last few months.

And I have so much to be thankful for.

So this year, I am pledging to take stock of how lucky I am and really try to notice the beauty that's all around me.

That, and wear more earrings.

Hey, a girl has to have priorities.

And since I'm seriously considering moving to Santa Monica this year, I thought I would start with acknowledging just how thankful I am to have my apartment.

It was our two year anniversary in December.

I celebrated by almost paying my rent on time.

This little place has been just right for me. I feel lucky every time I walk in the door.

So...with the help of my iPhone and some serious Instagram action I wanted to share why I'm so thankful.

Happy New Year!


















2 comments:

  1. Love it. Gratitude can be hard to foster- it is something I am working on too. But I love your apartment. It is gorgeous. Four comments:

    1. Love the door. I never thought to have a door as a headboard. We have an old three panel door hanging horizontally on the wall in our family room. We get a lot of comments- most asking where it leads and more than you think try to pull the handle to open the horizontal door. I never thought to have a door as a headboard though. Does anyone try to open your door?
    2. Those books! How did you do that? I organized all our books on shelves by color- and it is pretty good- but yours are so random and perfect.
    3. I still have The Emigrants novels too. I have never thought to read them again. But they are perfect for the black section of the shelves.
    4. That stove is awesome. period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Taryn! The books were so easy! I just took L Brackets and screwed them into the wall on various ways up making sure there were enough of them to keep it steady. But...you can also get these: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/9bf4/?cpg=froogle
      The stove is from 1938! I can't believe it still works.

      Delete