Monday, November 2, 2009

A Thank You Note To Halloween

Dear Halloween 2009,

It’s Monday and I’m still tired. I think this means I’m old. And that you, Halloween, deserve a ‘Thank You’ note! (My mom will be so proud that I’m using my manners.)

So here it goes….

Thank you Halloween, for closing Santa Monica Blvd for 10 blocks so that 400,000 people could show up in full costume to celebrate.

Thank you for considering a bright orange mesh thong and some face paint a costume (or rather, the guy next to me on the treadmill at the gym thanks you.)

Thank you for enabling my friend Katie to use (in total seriousness) the phrase,

And then Care Bear went home with a guy she met at the bar.
(In fairness Care Bear’s costume was pretty sexy…for a pink fuzzy bear.)

Thank you for making it the one night of the year where I can get away with white fish net stockings and fake eyelashes.

Thank you for also making it the one night of the year where it is okay to take unsolicited photos of random people you see on the street.

Thank you for this:


And this:



And this:



And mostly this:



Sincerely,

Jessica
(Roxie Hart)

5 comments:

  1. Wowzers!

    You looked sure cute.

    (Is that Katie- from CC?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best costumes ever! Except for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment Luke, I didn't realize who the tigers were until you said that!

    Where did they find the time to paint that much?

    Gotta put down a sheet in the car before sitting down, i'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Taryn that is Katie from Concordia! And yes, Joe. That is Luke and Tom. Grrrrr....

    ReplyDelete